Hinduism according to the list of characteristics which all religions have in common
1. Examine Hinduism according to the list of characteristics which all religions have in common.
2. Explore the relationship between the caste system of India and the religion of Hinduism, both historically and in modern terms.
3. Present the argument for Hinduism as a monotheistic religion.
4. Zero in on one of the characteristics which all religions have in common (Judaism, Buddhism,Hinduism,Christianity,Islam. m and relate it to Hinduism in a more detailed study.
5. Compare and contrast the role of sacrifice in Hinduism with that found in a religion of your choice. You will need to research how the concept of sacrifice has developed in Hinduism from Vedic times.
6. Explore the similarities and differences between devotional Hinduism and Christian piety. You also might compare certain beliefs such as the Hindu avatar and the Christian incarnation and practices like the Hindu puja and the Christian communion.
7. Review characteristics of oral religions and trace their manifestations in Hinduism. This is something that can be done with most of the religions you will study this term.