COM10003 Learning and Communicating Online – Assessment 2B: Analysis of collaborative work
Assessment 2B asks you to reflect on your experience of working in a collaborative group for
Assessment 2A to research a topic, develop ideas and publish a presentation.
Working in groups is common in both academic and professional environments and the capacity to collaborate is becoming increasingly important. Reflecting on the level of success in your group and the role(s) you took within the group assists in enhancing your knowledge and skills for effective collaboration.
Think about how your group worked together in preparing the presentation and consider what rating you would give the group out of 10 (10 being the highest level of success) considering both group process and your presentation.
Specifically, write short answers to each of the following questions:
- What factors do you think contributed to the level of success your group achieved? Provide specific examples from your experience to illustrate these factors (approx. 250-300 words, 20 marks).
- What role(s) did you take within the group and how did you personally contribute to the level of success your group achieved? Provide some specific examples (approx. 250-300 words, 20 marks).
- Use the literature (external readings) to discuss and explain your experiences, your own role and the success of your group (approx. 250-300 words, 20 marks)
- Based on your responses to questions 1, 2 and 3, discuss your strategies for enhancing the effectiveness of groups you work in with in the future (approx. 250-300 words, 25 marks)?
Be sure to pay attention to the structure of the response to each question, as correct spelling, grammar and referencing contribute to your marks.
Assessment submission details
While Assessment 2A and Assessment 2B are due on the same day, they should be submitted
separately. Remember to also upload a copy of your assignment 2A. Each student must upload
their own copy.
1. Analysis of collaborative work (Individual task: 20%)
a. Capacity to reflect on what contributed to the group’s level of success and support with relevant examples
b. Capacity to reflect on your performance as a group member and use of examples
c. Demonstrated use of the literature to further explain your experience, your role and the success of your group
d. Demonstrated capacity to discuss strategies for assisting the effectiveness of groups you work with in the future
e. Structure -Your ideas are presented in a well-structured and logical order
f. Appropriate language and expression with attention to correct spelling and grammar.
g. Referencing in Harvard or APA style