BUS 200 Small Business Management
Assignment #1 – Read Case 1 on page 645 and answer questions 1-5
1) How did Hennessy’s background prepare him for starting a business? What entrepreneurial qualities does he embody?
2) What were Hennessy’s entrepreneurial motivations for founding Dash Locker?
3) What type of entrepreneurial opportunity did Hennessy identify, and how did he capitalize on those opportunities?
4) Describe Dash Locker’s growth potential.
5) Describe Dash Locker’s competitive advantage.
Study Tips 101: Take Breaks
It’s important to take breaks while you’re studying, especially if you’re feeling tired or frustrated. Working too long on a task can actually decrease your performance.
When you take a break, make sure you get away from your desk or study space. A bit of physical activity – even just a walk around the block – can sometimes help you to look at a problem in a different way and could even help you to solve it.