Brittney Johnson Subject Case
Subject: Brittney Johnson
Case study subject Brittney Johnson is twenty-two years of age. She is a single parent of a four year old son. Brittney is currently a junior at The University of Memphis and is working an hourly job at a call center Monday through Friday. She would be classified as being in her early adulthood. Brittney is clearly in her early adulthood stage mainly because of her age. She is only twenty-two years of age and most individuals are technically classified as becoming an adult at the age of twenty-one. Brittney is still attending college and awaiting her Bachelor’s degree next fall. Also based upon the responses subject Brittney Johnson stated, it has been determined she is in her early adulthood. The following are the questions and answers given:
- Name 3 specific goals related to career and family that you made in early adulthood. Did you reach those goals?
- Do you feel successful in life? Why or why not?
- What specific goals related to career and family have you not yet accomplished? How do you intend to reach these goals?
- Are you happy with your life so far? Why or why not?
- How do you feel about death?
- Would you say that having a child so early slowed you down with reaching your educational goals?
- What do you plan on doing with your career after you receive your PhD?
- With you being so busy with work, school and your child, do you have time to have a social life with friends and family? If so, what do you do to have fun and relax?
- Just being curious do you intend to further your education once you receive your PhD? Why or why not?
- Do you expect for your child to follow in your footsteps?