African-American Culture – Immigration to USA
In the early 1900s, hundreds of European immigrants arrived at Ellis Island in New York harbor each day to be processed for permission to enter the United States. A so-called melting pot of cultures came together starting in that place by standing in line, with a desire to seize the opportunities of a new country. They have been followed by millions of other immigrants coming to America.
Research an immigrant group that have become assimilated to one degree or another into American society.
Write a 550-800 word paper, addressing the following:
• Explain the group chose to migrate to the United States (African-American Culture).
• Identify the geographical areas where group settled.
• Describe the influence other racial or ethnic groups had once they migrated.
• Describe the influence on other racial or ethnic groups it came in contact with.
• Explain how the power-conflict theory applies to these ethnic group.
• Explain how the concept of multiculturalism might be applied to this group.
• Provide examples of how this group customs, beliefs, and values have—or have not—become incorporated into American society.
Cite at least two sources in addition to your texts.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
APA 3 References