What is the difference between a Router and a Bridge
NTC/245 Week 3 Individual Assignment
- What is the difference between a Router and a Bridge? What is the difference between a Router and a Level 2 Switch?
- A LAN has 200 hosts on it and is arranged as a Ring topology. How many links are needed to form the ring?
- What is ARP and what does it do? How is it used in LANs?
- Describe some circumstances where it might be desirable to use source routing in an IP network rather the routers make routing decisions.
- Provide the following parameter values for each of the network classes A, B, and C.
- Class A addresses always have the first bit of their IP addresses set to “0”.
- Class B addresses always have the first bit set to “1” and their second bit set to “0”.
- Class C addresses have their primary two bits set to “1” and their third bit set to “0”.