Week 6. Cultural Studies III. Text: “Walt Disney’s Frontierland…”
- Identify the thesis of the article in 3 quotes (from 3 different pages):
- What is the relationship between maps and everyday life (experience), according to the author?
- What does Disneyland mean for America (and the world)?
- “it was the innocence of youth envisioning new empires.” Explain.
- P. 172. Disney was “both storyteller and cartographer in Frontierland.” Explain.
- Everyday life, in Disneyland Frontierland, is somewhere between culture and nature. Discuss briefly.