Unit 10 Assignment 1: Backup Criteria:
Unit 10: Assignment 1: Backup Criteria:
Choose a hypothetical company, and develop the criteria for a backup plan. You will need to make many assumptions. List those here.
- What should a company back up?
- What would be the rotation of data? Partial, Full? How many data sets would you have? What kind of history is necessary? What is this dependent upon?
- When should the data be taken offsite?
- How much data would be lost if the current set in the server room were destroyed?
- How long could they be down? What is the most data they could lose electronically and still be able to recover the rest by paper?
- What time frame would it take for a restore? Detailed procedures need to be in place so nothing is left to chance. How would you develop these and test the data restore?
- Will the backup media be tested for corruption? Test restores are a must to check for valid data. Every level of the backup should be tested and verified. What will the procedures be?
- Who is responsible for the backup and more importantly the restore? How would you determine this?
Describe the company and answer the questions