Summary of the Bloodhound Project
4 page writing assignment.
Run Profile,Rocket Start Time (s),Parachute Deployment Time (s) 1,8,45 2,12,45 3,16,45 4,8,50 5,12,50 6,16,50 7,8,55 8,12,55 9,16,55
These are 9 run profiles.
Run Profiles are controlled by the following parameters:
- · Rocket start time
- · Chute opening time
The constraints on the World Speed Record attempt must all be satisfied:
- · Must achieve 1000mph for a duration of at least 1 mile
- · Total distance travelled must be less than 10 miles
- · G-force experienced by Andy Green to be no more than 3.5G
In the introduction, using the following link www.bloodhoundssc.com) write 2 pages that
- · Gives a summary of the Bloodhound Project (look at www.bloodhoundssc.com)
- · What are your suggestions for run profiles and why?
- · Where is the world record attempt taking place?
- · What parameters are you looking at (g-force, CO2 etc.)
- · Why look at these parameters? Why are they important?
Then write 2 more pages in the discussion discussing the following points:
- · What is the effect of delaying the rocket start time and chute deployment time?
- · Maximising chance of achieving 1000mph – What are your recommendations for rocket start time and parachute deployment time?
- · Driver Safety in the Bloodhound SSC – what are the factors influencing driver safety?
- · What is the environmental impact of the Bloodhound SSC?