Shadow Assignment Journal: A Day with the U.S. Marshals
As part of the research process, you will shadow someone who works in the field you are studying, or a related field. Shadowing means you go to work with them and follow them around. You must spend at least two hours with the person you shadow, and you will also interview them. As you work on this assignment, keep notes and write down your thoughts. The writing assignment for this project is for you to write about the experience in journal form – discussing the BEFORE, DURING and AFTER of the whole assignment. Each of these sections should be 400 words in length for a total of at least 1200 words. Please use 1” margins, size 12 TNR font double spaced, and note the word count below the last paragraph. There are no other requirements as far as content, but you should consider writing about the process you go through getting the appointment set up, the feelings you have while you are there, what you learn, how you have changed your way of thinking, and what the reality is when it comes to new ideas in your field of study. Since this is a personal experience journal, you should use first person in your writing and feel free to share your opinions and feelings.
- What is your job title and level of education?
- How long have you been working in this field?
- Do you regularly keep up with current events? If so, how – from what sources do you get info?
- What new trends do you see coming in the near future for this business/field?
- What is the most difficult issue people in this field struggle with at this time?
- How does this company/organization make sure it is staying up-to-date with the latest ideas, methods and/or technologies?
- What personal experiences/beliefs caused you to become a part of this field?
- cost of the tuition and % interest_?
- How you can deal with aggressive patients__?