Review of Journal Articles
Choose three or four of the journals listed in Part 4 and review some of the recent article titles of each journal.
Select one journal in which the article titles spark your interest.
Review all the titles of the most recent complete year of the journal’s publication. Consider:
- What kind of articles are published in this journal (e.g., research reports, editorials)?
- Which topics are addressed?
- Which age group is the focus of this journal?
- Choose one article to read.
After you have read the article, write a review that includes the following:
Cite the journal article in APA format.
Summarize what this article about and what you learned from the article.
Describe the intended audience.
How accessible or challenging was this article to read, and what made it accessible or challenging?
Would you recommend this article and/or journal to your colleagues; Why or why not?
Also cite any other journals you examined.
Assignment length: 1 page.
Tip: Use the Journal option under Search & Find on the library website to find journals by title.
- YC Young Children
- Journal of Child & Family Studies
- Child Study Journal
- Multicultural Education
- Early Childhood Education Journal
- Journal of Early Childhood Research
- International Journal of Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Research Quarterly
- Developmental Psychology
- Social Studies
- Maternal & Child Health Journal
- International Journal of Early Years Education