POL201 Week 4 Learning Activity Worksheet
LEARNING ACTIVITY WORKSHEET – Week Four
Please review the full assignment prompt and the Week 5 Final Paper instructions located within the classroom and in the POL 201 Course Guide before beginning this assignment.
Utilizing the worksheet below, develop detailed paragraphs that focus on the first main point for your final paper. For each section, a minimum of one fully-developed paragraph is required. A fully developed paragraph should be a minimum of 5-7 sentences in length. Each paragraph should include at least one in-text APA citation that provides support for the topic.
At least two scholarly sources from the Ashford University library (not including your textbook) with in-text citations utilized within your paragraphs are required. Two new sources should be utilized each week to meet the minimum of eight required sources for the final paper. By finding and supporting your material with these sources each week, you will have the research necessary to construct a strong final paper. For help with writing and citations, please review the handouts and tutorials provided by the Ashford Writing Center.
- Political Parties, Interest Groups, and Elections: (Select One)
- One strength of one of the following: political parties, interest groups, or elections. (Use the space below to complete this section.)
- One weakness of one of the following: political parties, interest groups, or elections. (Use the space below to complete this section.)
- One option to accentuate the positive impact of the strength discussed above. (Use the space below to complete this section.)
- One option to lessen the negative impact of the weakness discussed above. (Use the space below to complete this section.)
- Thesis Statement
Provide a thesis statement for the final paper. It is very important that the statement focuses on the final paper and not only on the topic discussed above. The thesis statement should be a concise statement of 25 words or less that clearly identifies the main argument, theme, and purpose for the final paper.
- Reference List (utilizing full APA citations) (Use the space below to complete this section.)