Parenting of Amy Chua and Hanna Rosin
The sixth option is to write a comparison-contrast on the ideas of parenting of Amy Chua and of Hanna Rosin. This option does not involve analyzing MOOCs or online education at all. It might be a nice option if you do not prefer to write on the topic of MOOCs or online education. Please click here for the instructions.
you will either compare and contrast two authors or you will take the position of one author and respond to another author. Reading material will be provided to you on this assignment.
You have various options for Writing Assignment #1. The options are listed at the following url:
Your first draft is due by the end of Week 2. Submit your draft as an attachment (Microsoft Word is preferred) to this assignment folder This should be as complete a draft as possible, in order to receive the most helpful feedback.
During Week 3, you will receive feedback on your draft.
By the end of Week 4, submit your revised as an additional attachment to this same assignmet folder. This version will be graded. The following rubric will be used:
- Introduction and thesis: Topic is introduced in an engaging way and has a clear and effective thesis statement. (10 points)
- Body content: supports the thesis statement with strong, well-reasoned support. (30 points)
- Body organization: Body Organization: is logically organized into focused paragraphs. (15 points)
- Conclusion: has an effective concluding paragraph that reflects and/or looks forward. (10 points)
- Sources: gives credit to the source authors by citing the authors’ names in parentheses for all quotes and paraphrases. (5 points)
- Mechanics: uses standard English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and diction. (25 points)
- length and format: is 1000-1200 words (5 points)