Nonrenewable Resources Paperby EssayShark Tutors
Today, more than any other time in history, there is growing support to move away from nonrenewable resources towards developing renewable resources to meet current and future energy needs. Fossil fuels are nonrenewable resources that continue to negatively impact the environment. It is important to learn how these resources are formed since this process of formation is at the very heart of why fossil fuels are considered to be nonrenewable.
Using the readings for this module, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the nonrenewable resource assigned to you: My last name start with a C so I have to do Coal.
Note: You are assigned a resource based on the first initial of your last name. Last names beginning with A–J research coal, names beginning with K–R research natural gas, and names beginning S–Z research oil.
Respond to the following:
- Describe how this nonrenewable resource was initially formed.
- Briefly explain where the major reserves of this nonrenewable resource are located and how it is extracted.
- Examine the environmental impact caused by the extraction process.
- Explain how this nonrenewable resource is used to produce energy, and identify the pollution problems that are caused from this energy source.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Write your initial response. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
- If in fact society were to change to an environmentally friendly fuel source, what do you think would be the political or economic ramifications?