Access The Neighborhood using the link on the student website.
Read the article “Amputation Mishap; Negligence” in the NBH newspaper under Season 3, Episode 7.
Write a 1050- to 1500-word paper differentiating between negligence, gross negligence, and malpractice. Based on your information, decide if you agree with the statement in the newspaper.
- Provide your rationale for your decision.
- Describe the importance of documentation (relating to this simulation) and its correlation to potential negligence.
- If you were the nurse in this situation, what ethical principles would guide your practice?
- How would you document the case to satisfy ethical and legal requirements?
- Include at least three references from peer-reviewed journals.
- Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Include in the presentation the role of the nurse in caring for this family and how an ethical decision-making model could be applied in searching for a resolution.