MGMT 221Module 6 (6.5 Module Review)
Part 1: Answer the Module Review Questions:
- Most businesses should engage in e-commerce on the Internet. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Explain your position.
- What are the critical success factors for retail e-Business startups?
- If you were starting an e-commerce Web store, which of the business requirements summarized in Figure 9.13 would you primarily do yourself, and which would you outsource to a Web development or hosting company? Why?
- Are the form and use of information and decision support systems for managers and has the growth of self-directed teams to manage work in organizations changed the need for strategic, tactical, and operational decision making in business?
- In what ways does using an electronic spreadsheet package provide you with the capabilities of a decision support system?
Part 2: Read the Analysis Exercise at the end of the chapter and complete the questions after the summary.
#3 Case-Based Marketing: Selling on Amazon.com (p. 467)
- What is the source of expertise behind Amazon’s online book recommendation?
- How do you feel about online merchants tracking your purchases and using this information to recommend additional purchases?
- What measures protect consumers from their government obtaining their personal shopping histories maintained by Amazon?
- Although Amazon doesn’t share personal information, it still capitalizes on the shopping data of its customers. Is this ethical? Should Amazon offer its customers the right to opt out of this information gathering?
- What obligations do organizations have to secure your private data from unauthorized access?