Main Contentions of the Wahhabi Movement and other Questions
Short Answer Questions
Answer all five (5) of the Short Answer Questions. Each question should be answered in a short paragraph of at least 100 words.
- Briefly describe the main contentions of the Wahhabi movement and the two main ways this movement differed from other revivalist movements.
- What are the origins of the American University in Beirut, and what are its connections to the rise of Arab nationalism?
- Who were the Young Turks, and what did they do?
- How did the neorevivalist Muslim Brotherhood (Jamaat al-Ikhwan al-Muslimin) and Islamic Society (Jamaat-i-Islami) regard the Western concept of separation of church and state?
- What were six principles of reform in Turkey known as Ataturk’s “six arrows”? Which of these do you think had the potential to clash with traditional Islamic beliefs?
Use wikipedia.com to answer these questions. You can provide the sources from the bottom of the wikipedia page. This assignment is simple: ANSWER THE QUESTION. There are countless websites with the answers to these questions. This needs to be done right the first time.