Lessons Learned Revised Leadership Statement
DOC 731R DAY 5 Lessons Learned Revised Leadership Statement
This assignment requires personal reflection and reflexivity; it will demonstrate a scholarly opinion regarding leadership, and as such, it should be supported with appropriately cited research and clear connections to examples of your grounded thinking and experience. The use of first person in this paper is appropriate as you wish.
Review the Final Paper Scoring Guidelines
Write a 1500 – 2500-word paper integrating your learning from the DOC/731R leader, peer leader, and followership experiences. This paper may also include reflections on your critical journaling, teamwork, and daily rounds of peer and faculty feedback incorporate all these aspects into a comprehensive overview of your learning process in this course.
Synthesize your experience within the greater body of knowledge, answering questions such as:
- What were your underlying assumptions about your own leadership coming into the course?
- What are they now?
- How have you evolved your thinking, your self-awareness, your self- management, and your empathy?
- What are the implications of this evolution for the future?
- What cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic class assumptions may be in play within your leadership? What insights did you gain about your team in terms of its process?
- What insights have you gained about your enacted leadership?
- What insights have you gained about your enacted followership?
- Overall how have you increased your awareness and ability to enact praxis (SPL) as an organizational team leader?
Communicate, clearly, a detailed individual professional leadership development plan for the next year. For example, clarify your detailed plan for addressing the feedback from your peer evaluations, peer coaching inputs, faculty input, and contributions and questions from the entire class. Possible categories could include aspects of Emotional Intelligence such as, self-awareness, self-management, social awareness; relationship management.
Provide abundant specific evidence to demonstrate your ability to learn about your situated scholar-practitioner leadership through ongoing refinement of your questions and critical reflection-in-action (praxis).
This assignment requires personal reflection and reflexivity; it will demonstrate a scholarly opinion regarding leadership, and as such, it will be supported with appropriately cited research and clear connections to examples of your grounded thinking and experience during the course.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.