Journal Topics for Notorious
Notorious (1946) was produced by independent producer David O Selznick utilizing his production company Vanguard Films, and distributed by RKO. The film was directed by Alfred Hitchcock and the cinematographer was Ted Tetzlaff.
Questions: Pay attention to Hitchcock’s shot choices, camera movements, and his blocking of actors within scenes:
- How does Hitchcock introduce us to the two principle characters? Where do the scenes take place and how is the camera placed?
- How does Hitchcock get us to identify with and care about the two lead actors Carey Grant and Ingrid Bergman?
- How would you describe the mood or tone of the film in visual terms?
- Describe a few of the most visually stunning shots?
- What are some of the things about the film that impressed you the most?
2 Papers included