Health Policy Analysis- DNPC- 648 Week 3
Health Policy analysis-DNPC- 648
Discussion 3.1: Kingdon HP Model Framework
- Use the Kingdon HP Model Framework
- Address,‘Where do we go with the ACA in 2021?’
Discussion 3.2: Health Policy Rules and Regulations
- Use the https://www.congress.gov/site to search for health policy rules or regulations.
- Address, ‘How does the political climate effect the choice of health policy?’
The Path Forward
In your policy journal, create a new entry titled, ‘Post 3: The Path Forward‘ to address the following:
- Leverage the Brownson and Jones (2009) and Buerhaus (2017) readings assigned in this module.
- Draft a one-page policy brief that addresses how APRN Nurses will translate research into policy.
- Use the Health Policy Brief Tool to guide these sections:
- Executive summary
- Approaches and results
- Implications and recommendations
- Review your draft using the success criteria on the Guided Checklist.
Use APA 7ed formatting and citations, as appropriate. Find Writing Support on the left navigation.
Step Three: Normative Values | Stakeholder Analysis
Continue to develop knowledge of and engagement with the health policy process that is related to your individual work using Seavey’s 2014 Health Policy Analysis seven-step framework; and to study the effect of policy on nursing practice, on patient health, and in health care.
For this assignment, Read Seavey’s 2014 Health Policy Analysis seven-step framework (Chapter 5) and complete a stakeholder analysis, addressing conflicts and barriers in your policy proposal. Identify the key stakeholders and what resources you will need to bring to the table. Organize your information utilizing the stakeholder impact matrix found in Chapter 5.
Draft a one- to two-page paper that addresses the following elements in the interactive process.
- Complete a stakeholder analysis.
- Clarify the conflicts and barriers in your policy proposal.
- Identify the key stakeholders and what resources.
- Include the stakeholder impact matrix found in this chapter.
Use APA 7ed and cite appropriately when needed. Find Writing Support on the left navigation.