FIN 2000 Exam Oneby Fiverr Tutors
FIN 2000 Exam One
Name ____________ Date _________
Please explain all answers!
1. Odd Lot
2. Round Lot
5. Market Maker
8. Secondary Market
9. Investment Banker
10. T + 3
Please answer three of the four questions.
1. Briefly explain what are financial intermediaries and their role in our economy. Briefly explain the difference between pure risk and speculative risk.
2. Briefly explain the difference between a market order and limit order? In your answer please give an example of each. Briefly explain the difference between a day order and Good Till Canceled (GTC) order
3. Briefly explain the four factors of production (use an example in your answer). Explain the difference the primary stock market and the secondary market.
4. Explain the difference between the NYSE, NASDAQ and the O.T.C. In your answer explain which market is organized and unorganized? What is the role of a “market maker” in the purchase of stock?
Exam One / Short Answers
1. Which is worth more a dollar today or a dollar in the future? _____________.
2. In every investment there is a tradeoff between __________ and __________.
3. Financial intermediaries bring ____________ and ___________ together.
4. The cost of issuing stock for the first time is? ___________ __________.
5. The ______ guarantees your deposits in commercial banks up to $_________.
6. Do you expect Social Security to be around when you retire? _________ (yes or no)
(Your opinion for this question is fine and will receive full points.)
7. ___________ is the process of computing the future value of a dollar.
8. ____________ is the process of computing the present value of a dollar.
9. A stream of income or payments is called an __________.
10. _________ __________ is the Chairman of the Federal Reserve.