ETH/125 African American week 6
Complete the following using the MySocLab Social Explorer Map: Income Inequality by Race (located on the student website) as a reference:
· Select 1 racial group from the list below:
o African American
o Asian American
o Arab American
o Hispanic American/Latino
· Write a 150- to 300-word summary of the economic, social, and political standings of that group. Use additional resources if necessary, from the University Library or your textbooks. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
Answer the following in 50 to 150 words each. Provide citations for all the sources you use.
· What is racism? In what ways does racism affect diversity?
· How do racial groups interact in contemporary America? Are interactions positive, negative, or neutral? Support your response using proper citations.
· Are there existing social inequities based on race? Why or why not?
· What do you believe to be the causes of racial prejudice and discrimination in today’s society?