Company integration strategy
Please be sure to read and answer each numbered question with 3 – 4 sentences.
Research on the Internet one company that has implemented one integration strategy and another company that has implemented one intensive strategy.
- Explicate how the first company you researched was either helped or harmed by the integration strategy it chose. Recommend at least one way this strategy could have been improved.
- Justify how the first company you researched could benefit from the vertical integration strategies it has not implemented. Include at least one advantage and one disadvantage of each strategy.
- Explicate how the company you researched was either helped or harmed by the intensive strategy it chose. Identify at least one way this strategy could have been improved.
- Describe in detail how the second company you researched could benefit from the intensive strategies it has not implemented. Include at least one advantage and one disadvantages of each strategy.
Please use the following instructions from #1 & 2 to complete the 2 bulleted questions.
- Go to Penn State’s College of Earth and Mineral Sciences’ Website, located at https://www.e-education.psu.edu/geog584/l5_p3.html. Read “The Work Breakdown Structure.” Be prepared to discuss.
- Next, using the Work Breakdown Structure provided in the Sample Project and MS Project or Excel software, populate the seven (7) major areas and sub tasks, and then develop a WBS.
- From the Penn State’s College of Earth and Mineral Sciences’ Website, examine the process of subdivision of activities and events that compose the tree diagram known as the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) or Gozinto chart. Next, explain the reason(s) why at levels 4-6 of the WBS, as discussed in the Kerzner text, templates may not be appropriate. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Prepare an argument for or against the functional manager’s role in establishing the first three (3) levels of the WBS. Support your position with a real-world example.