Chapter 6 Case: The Reluctant Workers
Analysis of The Reluctant Workers
Read the Chapter 6 Case: The Reluctant Workers. Prepare a five page report that answers the following:
- Identify and analyze three of the core skills that were at play in the case of the reluctant workers, referencing the ten skills described in Chapter 4.
- Analyze the way in which Tim Aston, the young project manager, was exercising his skills with respect to his project staff and the functional managers. Discuss Tim Aston’s effectiveness in light of the three core skills you identified.
- Analyze the degree of support Tim was provided by his company: What kind of support did Tim require, and to what extent did he receive it?
- Make recommendations to both the senior executives (the company) and Tim Aston, relative to personnel motivation and resource allocation, etc., in order for Tim to be an effective project manager.
The format of the report is to be as follows:
• Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides (APA format).
• Use headers for each of the criteria, followed by your response.
• In addition to the five pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.
NOTE: You will be graded on the quality of your answers, the logic/organization of the report, your language skills, and your writing skill