Case study: Leigh Randell
As a Business English student which has already learned effective communication, analyze and discuss the following questions:
- What barriers to effective communication do you detect in this case?
- Is anyone “wrong” in this situation? By what other means could Randell have requested the information from Tom Ballard? What do you think of Tom Ballard’s reaction? Why?
- While communicating information vertically up or down the organization does not present a major problem, why is horizontal and diagonal communication are more difficult to attain?
- What would you recommend that the management of Omega Airlines do to remedy this situation?
- How would your recommendation improve communication in the organization?
APA – 2 References