Case 7.2 “Poverty and Pollution”
Read Case 7.2 titled “Poverty and Pollution,” prior to starting this assignment.
Write a 6-8 page paper in which you:
- Determine the ethical implications of businesses polluting in a third world country. Explain your rationale.
- Suggest the reasons a business may conduct operations in a third world country and disregard any standards of pollution control.
- It has been said that pollution is the price of progress. Assess the connections between economic progress and development, on the one hand, and pollution controls and environmental protection, on the other.
- Support the argument that human beings have a moral right to a livable environment regardless of the country they live in.
- Take a position on whether wealthy nations have an obligation to provide poorer nations with, or help them develop, greener industries and sources of energy. Explain your rationale.
- Propose a plan for uniform global pollution control standards and how you would enforce them.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.