BUS 150 INDIVIDUAL PROJECT: Career Plan of a Shift Manager
BUS 150 INDIVIDUAL PROJECT:
Career Plan (40 pts)
Due: See Greensheet
This assignment is to be done individually. The objective of this assignment is to map out the next 10 years of your career as well as anticipate the effect life changes might have on that career.
Essentially to reflect on three questions……..
Where am I now?
Where do I want to be?
How can I get there?
Career plans are to be a minimum of 4 pages in length, double spaced, 12 pt font with 1 inch margins on all sides. You should include a cover page (name, class, date) and a bibliography (if you cite references). Mechanics (spelling, grammar, etc) will be graded! Proofread.
You may write this using the format below and number your sections (DO NOT include the questions) or you may weave the various questions into a narrative that better suits your writing style as long as you cover the ten questions.
The career plan should cover the following areas:
1. Current education and employment history
a. Current resume (does not count as one of the pages). Attend or view an online “Resume Workshop” at the Career Center if you need help on this.
b. Brief narrative about employment and education background
2. Influences on career choices / major choices
a. What influenced you to choose the career you are in or the major you selected?
3. Describe your style, Myers-Briggs type and / or your Disc results or other career tools (many of these tools are available at the Career Center Web site and on Face Book or other web sites)
a. Are they accurate or not and why?
b. What are your areas of strength? Need more development areas?
4. Ten Year Career goals and aspirations
a. Where do you see yourself in 10 years and why? What will be your goal?
5. Career timeline
a. Go to SPARTAjobs or a Company Careers page on the internet and identify an intern or entry level career position that you want to obtain based on your degree (attach it)
b. Future job description at 5 years (attach one or briefly describe)
c. Future job description at 10 years (attach one or briefly describe)
6. Required education to achieve career goals and why?
7. Required work experience to achieve career goals and why?
8. Other additional requirements to achieve career goals. Be specific.
a. What else will you need in order to achieve your career goals such as:
What am I good at already?
What do I need to work on?
What could help me along to achieve my goals?
Additional coursework or skills required to be successful?
9. How life changes could affect your career path – give examples that could impact you.
10. How will I measure my success? How will I hold myself accountable?