Select an industry and answer the questions found in the “Typical Steps in Industry Analysis” found on page 15 of the case study. You do not need to test the analysis for consistency.
Write a 3-5 page paper in which you do the following:
- Define the relevant industry.
- Identify the participants and segment them into groups, if appropriate.
- Assess the underlying drivers of each competitive force to determine which forces are strong, which are weak, and why.
- Determine overall industry structure.
- Analyze recent and likely future changes in each force, both positive and negative.
- Identify aspects of industry structure that might be influenced by competitor, by new entrants, or by your company.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12) with one-inch margins on all sides. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student?s name, the professor?s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. The following are specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment:
- Identify techniques to forecast future economic activity.
- Apply economic concepts and utilize analytical tools.
- Calculate and interpret elasticities of demand.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managerial economics. ? Write clearly and concisely about managerial economics using proper writing mechanics.