Analysis of Barclays Bankby Guru Tutors
The assessment strategy for this module is for students to provide a portfolio of work that demonstrates their development of appropriate skills through the module. Since there is no written examination in this module, the three tasks cover all the learning outcomes of the module.
Students should choose ONE organisation from the list below and answer the questions that follow.
- British Red Cross
- Barclays Bank
- Cancer Research UK
The portfolio of work consists of three tasks. All the three tasks carry equal marks (30% each). Structure, Presentation, Language and Grammar carry 10%.
- a) Explain which business sector the chosen organisation belongs and the characteristics of the sector ( Private, Public, Voluntary).
- b) Describe the type of business organisation the company is and why you would recommend it to a friend (Sole proprietorship, partnership, private limited, public limited, voluntary).
- c) Your chosen organisation operates within the three types of business environment, namely:
- Internal environment (6Ms)
- Micro-environment (Stakeholders)
- Macro-environment (P.E.S.T.E.L)
Explain how the organisation is affected by the above three types of business environment. (600 words (+/- 10%)
Satisfying customer needs and wants is fundamental to business. This is achieved by producing goods/services to sell to them. In the light of the above statement, you are expected to answer the questions that follow:
- a) Explain the extent to which your chosenorganisation goes to satisfy the needs of its customers.
- b) Identify the main competitors of your chosen company.
- c) Describe the competitive advantage that the company has over its competitors.
- d) Describe the factors that influence the demand for the products/services of the company. (600 words (+/- 10%)
You have been recently appointed as Marketing Manager of your chosen organisation. This appointment comes with a lot of responsibilities and you will be dealing with a lot of stakeholders. Your organisation is set to benefit from the influences of globalisation that are sweeping across all major businesses. You are expected to answer the questions that follow.
- a) Describe the main responsibilities of a Marketing Manager.
- b) Identify any 3 key stakeholders of your organisation and explain the roles they play.
- c) Describe the three levels of management within your organisation including a brief of their responsibilities.
- d) Briefly explain how globalisation has benefited your organisation.
(600 words (+/- 10%)
Your portfolio should comprise of the following sections:
- An introduction which explains what the portfolio is all about and highlights on what is to be covered in the portfolio.
- The body including a brief overview of the chosen organisation, should comprise of all the questions of the three tasks. All tasks should be clearly numbered including the questions.
- Conclusionand Recommendations which include a critical evaluation of all the tasks.
- Bibliography showing all sources of references.