American Literature Albert Einstein
English 3 Research Paper
Purpose: Research writing is a process in which the writer identifies a topic or question to be answered. The writer locates and evaluates information about the topic or question, and then organizes, summarizes, and synthesizes the information into a finished product. In this paper, you will discuss an American person from the 19th or 20th century who made a large impact on society.
Assignment: Write a research product that:
- Uses evidence to support an argument (how your person made an impact)
- Integrates information and ideas from multiple sources
- Makes distinctions between the value of the information or evidence used
- Integrates direct quotes, paraphrases, and summaries
- Uses internal citations (parenthetical notations)
- Includes a works cited page
- Demonstrates proper usage of MLA format
- The paper must be a minimum of 1000 words in length
- The paper must conform to MLA format
Proposal Argument: The research paper is going to be written as an Impact Proposal Argument.
(your chosen topic) impacted society by (your argument).
- Description of the topic
- Impact on society
- How that impact is significant today