645 Questions to What is academic language PPT-3
Answer each question :
- What is academic language?
- How can we help K-12 students to build the academic language that they need to succeed in school?
- What does edTPA ask for regarding Academic Language?
- How can the university support teacher education candidates (you) in embedding academic language into classroom practice?
- How would you explain the importance of academic language in non-technical terms (to a parent, for example)?
- Explain what the author of the slide show means when he uses the analogy on slide number 9.
- Slide 12 instructs us that teachers need to helps students practice language function. Briefly describe two ways you could do this in your class (give the grade level).
- What are the three steps to teaching academic language?
- Explain the difference between the bricks and mortar words on slide number 18.
- Slide 22 provides steps for teaching academic language. However, they sound a little complicated. Simplify the steps. Restate them in your own words so they are easier to understand.
- Review slide number 26. What is your opinion about these steps? Do you think they are necessary? Do you see yourself following them in your lessons? Why or why not?
- Review slides 28, 29, and 30.
- What do they have in common with Syntax?
- Provide a brief example of a way you have or might use sentence frames.
- Justify the importance of backwards mapping.
- What does the quote on slide 75 mean to you?
- Considering the content of this course,
- What are some big ideas you took away from this course?
- What are some questions you still have after hearing/reading/practicing the content of the course?