You will need to show good scholarship by elevating your work to the next level. This is done by going beyond simple comparisons and creating a comparative and contrastive analysis of the topics in each case as defined in the rubric.
* Use subheadings so I can see where are addressing each element of the rubric.
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric I will use to evaluate your submissions and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
- Partners Healthcare System (PHS) Case
- WestJet Airlines Case Study
- Pinnacle West Case
After reading the Partners Healthcare Case
- Identify key activities and best practices for implementing and managing business information systems based on the “Partners Healthcare System Case.”
- Identify and explain three to five important risks encountered in implementing business information systems for the “Partners Healthcare System Case.”
- Identify and explain the use of data resources, processes, and storage systems in the “Partners Healthcare System Case.”
- Select a resource that the business in the “Partners Healthcare System Case” should implement and explain how the company will benefit from this implementation. Identify three benefits and three risks to the business involved with implementing this resource.
- Should the company in the “Partners Healthcare System Case” implement cloud-based data storage? Defend your position.
After Reading the WestJet Airlines Case
- Describe the aspects of the WestJet IT situation that the CIO assessed to respond to the CEO’s concerns as she evaluated whether or not the company had an adequate IT infrastructure. Explain the importance of these aspects.
- Summarize and critique Smith’s assessment and offer evidence and arguments that major changes in IT at WestJet were essential and that Smith’s governance model would enable WestJet to achieve its strategic goal.
After Reading the Pinnacle West Case
- Create a PowerPoint presentation containing 5–7 slides with detailed supportive speaker notes. The first slide must present a 3- to 5-point summary of what happens in the “Pinnacle West Case.” The remaining slides must:
- Explain the relationship between the organizational structure and business information systems.
- Outline the supporting reasons for aligning information systems and business processes.
- Evaluate their applicability at Pinnacle West.
- Provide a description of the approaches required to implement a process-oriented culture at Pinnacle West
- · ·