The Reason Behind the Failing State of Somalia
Paper Instructions: SOC300: Sociology of Developing Countries
Written Assignment: The Reasons Behind Failed States
Use the Internet to research one developing nation of your choice (Somalia). Your research should include an examination of the effects that issues such as bad governance, civil war and corruption have on the creation of states that have failed. Include in your research the articles from the discussion questions as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 1 through 8.
Write a 6 to 8 page research paper in which you:
- Identify the factors that contribute to a state’s failure to deliver good governance to its people. Support your response with concrete examples of each of the results that you have cited.
- Analyze why the specific actions taken by the leadership of the selected country have failed.
- Discuss the prospects for success in the selected country and support your response with examples.
- Use at least eight (8) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at the instructor’s discretion.
(1) In the past, the rising and falling of states was considered an obvious and rampant issue affecting the different system guiding the states.
(2) Among the top ten failed states in the world, Somalia is the top failed state with a long record and years being a failed states.
This paper will mainly focus on Somalia as a failed states and articulate the different dynamics surround Somalia within its states