TDA 2.1 ACTIVITY Task 1-3
[2.1] Check your knowledge of child development with this quiz! You have 10 minutes to answer as many questions as you can. You must not look at your textbooks or your work. Choose your answers from the following age ranges:
0–3 months 3–6 months 6–9 months 9–12 months 12–18 months
18–24 months 2–3 years 3–7 years 7–12 years 12–19 years
- When does walking commonly begin?
- When are babies able to hold their heads up and steady for a few seconds?
- When do babies start to roll from front to back?
- When do children begin to feed themselves with a spoon?
- When do babies often start to crawl?
Communication, language and literacy development
- At what age do children enjoy jokes?
- What is a common age for asking ‘why?’ and other questions?
- At what age can children understand ‘no’+?
- When does babbling begin?
- When can children begin to put two words together?
Knowledge and understanding of the world / Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- When can children understand concepts of weight and size?
- When does academic knowledge grow through following exam curriculum?
- When is an interest in reading and writing shown?
- When will children solve a simple puzzle?
- At what age is sorting objects enjoyed?
Personal, social, and emotional development
- When is a strong desire to fit in with peers commonly shown?
- When do children find it difficult to share?
- At what age are tantrums common?
- When is distress at separation first shown?
- When do children begin to like their privacy to be respected?
[2.1] Complete the spider diagram below with influences on children’s development, and examples of each one.
Task 3 [2.2]
Complete the following paragraph using the words provided in below with the following word choices. Word choices:
thoughts milestones referral typical feedback
specialist identify support observation extra