Should law enforcement use race and ethnic-specific strategies to fight gang formation and control gang crime
Answer the following questions in 1 page:
- If most youth gangs are racially and ethnically homogeneous, should law enforcement use race and ethnic-specific strategies to fight gang formation and control gang crime?
- On the other hand, should law enforcement strategies be racially and ethnically neutral?
- What dilemmas are created for police departments that pursue each of these strategies?
- Is the likely result institutional or contextual discrimination?
- Which theory of crime do you believe best explains the prevalence of gang crime in the United States?