Management Plan Presentation
of detail on your management plan. This assessment looks at the important topic of summarizing HR’s recommendations and plans for
discrimination policies and presenting these to management for their approval. A key to an effective
visual presentation is to summarize ideas so they are easily grasped by the audience while still capturing
the main and critical points of the presentation. It is common that a similar presentation is also
developed for keeping the employees up to date on these policies. Introduction CapraTek management is now anxious to review your plan for addressing legal issues. One key issue is
clearly communicating this plan to employees. You have been tasked with developing a PowerPoint
directed at upper management that provides an appropriate level of detail on your management plan. Instructions Determine the aspects that leadership is most interested in when deciding on elements of an HRM plan.
Consider how to structure your message in a persuasive and convincing manner. The goal of our plan is
to avoid the tort actions that you have previously analyzed. Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and terminology.
Specifically, focus on the following issues:
• Identify weaknesses in current policies that risk legal action.
• Provide a summary of your recommended policies.
• Outline an updated plan that supports legal compliance and productivity.
o Highlight the best practices that an organization can use to encourage equity in the
workplace, (for example, inclusivity, multiculturalism, and ethical practices)
o Describe how your plan promotes an ethical workplace culture that supports legal
compliance and productivity.
• Propose measures of success for your management strategy.
• Assess how your plan will impact organizational mission and business performance. Review the HR Management Plan PowerPoint Scoring Guide as you complete this assessment to ensure
that you have thoroughly addressed all grading criteria. You may find the following Capella Campus pages useful when completing this assessment:
• Capella University Library.
• Creating a PowerPoint presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
• APA Style and Format.
• Introduction to the Writing Center. Additional Requirements The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in Human Resources Management (HRM)
to workplace situations which you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your
learning, we focus on the development of effective, professional communication skills for the
• Length: Your PowerPoint presentation should be 10–12 slides and include narration on each
slide that provides further detail explaining the items on each slide.
• Organization: Make sure that your writing is well-organized, using headings and subheadings to
organize content for the reader.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 28-point for the slide and 12-point for the notes.
• Resources: Use two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or academic sources.
• Evidence: Support your assertions with data and/or in-text citations and create a reference list
for the last slide.
• APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style
• Written communication:
o Support recommendation with relevant and credible evidence.
o Write for a specific audience, using the vernacular of the profession.
o Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar. Competencies Measured By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following
course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 1: Analyze the makeup of a legally compliant workplace on organizational
performance and productivity.
o Summarize the best practices in an HR plan that encourages equity in the workplace.
• Competency 2: Assess the nature of workplace legal action.
o Relate weaknesses and gaps in HR policies and the potential for workplace legal action.
• Competency 4: Formulate action plans to implement management strategies to create a legally
o Assess how an HR management plan will impact an organization’s mission and business
o Propose measures of success for the management strategy.
o Outline an updated plan that promotes an ethical workplace culture and supports legal
compliance and productivity.
• Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations
for HR professionals.
o Address the appropriate audience, using familiar, discipline-specific language and
terminology. Faculty will use the scoring guide to review your deliverable as if they were your immediate supervisor.
Review the scoring guide prior to developing and submitting your assessment.