HRM Literature Review
Prepare a 3-4 page literature review on current HRM models of service, process, and systems
enhancements as related to your topic of research, organization, and problem or opportunity, and how
you might apply HR leadership practices in your capstone project, an effectiveness improvement plan.
Strong communication skills are imperative for an effective HR leader. The audience may be extremely
broad—ranging from senior managers to employees at all levels. Effective communicators command
attention that can translate into action and implementation. The ability to successfully communicate
organizational mission and policy is vital for successful HR practice.
Often, the effective communicators in HRM are behind the innovations and examples of best practices
in HR. Research on communication has demonstrated the overall outcomes of leaders who
communicate effectively. Communication can be the key to successful organizations. For HR, the
research illustrates that this attribute is a requirement for the new HR leader.
For this assessment, you are to research articles and create a literature review on current HRM models
of service, process, and systems enhancements as related to your selected topic and problem or
opportunity, and how you might apply HR leadership practices in your effectiveness improvement plan.
Note: You are to complete the course assessments in order and use the feedback received to improve
your work. Each assessment is a component that you will build on to complete your capstone project, an
effectiveness improvement plan.
Conduct a literature review for your effectiveness improvement plan. Find literature that connects to
the following instructions as it relates to your selected topic, organization, and problem or
opportunity. Note: This is the first component of your capstone project. Each assessment should be
completed in order so that you can use the feedback received to improve your work and build upon to
complete your project.
Prepare a 3–4 page literature review, including the following:
• Analyze current HRM models of service, process, and systems enhancements as they relate to
your topic and problem or opportunity.
• Determine the applicability of existing HRM models to your project.
• Analyze the factors that are necessary to develop and implement improvements in your chosen
organization. In other words, think about how the problem could be solved or how to capitalize
on the opportunity selected.
• Analyze leadership, change management, and consultation in the roles of an HR practitioner, as
they relate to your chosen topic.
• Apply foundational disciplines of HRM to be an effective HR practitioner within the organization
selected. This can be done by analyzing specific theories, markets, and reporting practices in
HRM that relate to your topic and identified problem or opportunity.
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in HRM to workplace situations that you
will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in human resources. As part of your learning, focus on the
development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace. Your assessment should
meet the following additional requirements:
• Length: Your literature review should be 3–4 typed, double-spaced pages, plus the cover and
o The first page should be a cover sheet with your name, the course number, assessment
title, and date. No other information is required on this page.
o The last page should be the reference list.
• Organization: Make sure that your assessment writing is well organized, using headings and
subheadings to organize content for the reader.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
• Resources: Use at least 10 references and include both trade publications and peer-reviewed
• Evidence: Support your assertions with data and/or in-text citations.
• APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style
• Written communication:
o Synthesize multiple sources into key findings.
o Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and gramma