Doing Honest Work in College
“Doing Honest Work inCollege: How to Prepare Citations, Avoid Plagiarism, and Achieve Real Academic Success”, by Charles Lipson.
You must obtain your own copy of the book, at your own expense, either through a library, on-line, or through a bookstore. This paper should beat least 1,250 words and address the following questions:
- • What was beneficial about the book? What about the book was not beneficial?
- • What insight did you gain about yourself from reading the book?
- • What did you learn from the author that you could apply to your own life?
- • Mr. Lipson’s book is about academic integrity. Why does academic integrity matter?
- • Mr. Lipson also provides some basic points to consider when using the Internet forresearch. What are they and what suggestions does he offer to handle these problems?
- • While in college, do you consider how your actions and lifestyle choices will affect
- you in the future? If yes, how does this affect your behavior? If no, why not?
- • List the priorities you have in school, starting with the most important to you
- continuing down to the least important. Where do academics fall on that list?
- • What insight have you gained in regard to your behavior, communication style,
- relationships, and perspective in life?
- • What steps are you going to take to better manage your time?
- • Would you recommend that I have students read this book for similar violations?
This paper must be typewritten and double-spaced, with one-inch margins, 12-point font, and appropriate citations. Before submitting it to me, it should be proofread and grammar checked.