CapraTek Case Analysis
modify existing communication, training, and reporting procedures to ensure a legally compliant
workplace. The harsh reality of today’s work environment is that organizations are dealing with a variety of issues
that require strong policies. In the scenario for this assessment, you will get to explore one of these
situations and recommend changes to existing policies to deal with issues like this one. Some assessments in this course are based on the CapraTek Workplace Discrimination simulation (see
the second resource activity in Assessment 3 for more information). The assessments build on each
other and must be completed in sequence. Introduction Because of the glowing review you received about the job aid you developed, your boss has charged you
with assessing a workplace incident involving several CapraTek policies. Instructions Based on the CapraTek: Workplace Discrimination incident, restructure CapraTek’s HRMM policies and
procedures to better protect the organization and its employees. Address the following elements in your 4–5 page report:
• Analyze how the policies and mission are communicated at CapraTek (Employee handbook,
meetings, training, medium, location, format, et cetera).
• Analyze the content within CapraTek’s training events and artifacts.
• Evaluate CapraTek’s reporting and investigation procedures in relation to how they protect both
the company and employees.
• Analyze how effective your HR management plan job aid would have been if applied to
CapraTek. (Identify how you would gauge the effectiveness of the Community Hospital job aid, if
it were applied to this CapraTek incident.)
• Modify CapraTek’s HR management plan, where needed, to better protect the organization and
its employees. Review the HRM Case Analysis Scoring Guide to ensure that you have completely addressed the grading
criteria of this assessment before submitting it for a grade. You may find the following Capella Campus pages useful when completing this assessment:
• Capella University Library.
• APA Style and Format. Additional Requirements
The deliverable for this assessment applies professional skills in Human Resources Management (HRM)
to workplace situations which you will likely encounter in your day-to-day work in HRM. As part of your
learning, we focus on the development of effective professional communication skills for the workplace:
• Length: Your report should be 4–5 typed, double-spaced pages, including the resources page.
• Organization: Make sure that your assessment writing is well-organized, using headings and
subheadings to organize content for the reader.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.
• Resources: Use two scholarly, peer-reviewed or academic sources.
• Evidence: Support your assertions with data and in-text citations, and create a reference list at
the end of your documents.
• APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations are formatted according to current APA style
• Written communication:
o Support recommendation with relevant and credible evidence.
o Write for a specific audience, using the vernacular of the profession.
o Use spell-check and other tools to ensure correct spelling and grammar. Competencies Measured By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following
course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
• Competency 2: Assess the nature of workplace legal action.
o Assess risk of legal action due to communication gaps in the CapraTek mission and
o Evaluate the legal risk due to content gaps within CapraTek’s training events and
• Competency 3: Apply the strategies and tactics for conducting legally compliant workplace
o Evaluate an organization’s reporting and investigation procedures in relation to how
they protect both the company and employees.
• Competency 4: Formulate action plans to implement management strategies to create a legally
o Modify CapraTek’s HR management plan so it is legally compliant with applicable laws.
• Competency 5: Communicate in a manner that is professional and consistent with expectations
for HR professionals.
o Write concisely and directly, using active voice.
o Adhere to the rules of grammar, usage, and mechanics. Note: Faculty may use the Writing Feedback Tool when grading this assessment. The Writing Feedback
Tool is designed to provide you with guidance and resources to develop your writing based on five core
skills. You will find writing feedback in the Scoring Guide for the assessment, once your work has been