Blood, what’s in it and what could happen?
HCA 240 Week 4 Assignment 2 Blood Disorders
Resources: Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach and the Health Central Website
Use the text and the Health Central Website to research blood disorders for this assignment.
Read each of the following three scenarios:
· Lily, a 4-year-old Caucasian female, has she been complaining of being tired all the time. She is pale and is a picky eater. Her mother is a single mom with a small budget to feed a large family. Lily eats only pasta, breads, and hot dogs, and she drinks only artificial fruit punch. Lily has iron deficiency anemia.
· Davon is a 5-year-old African American male who has just moved to Chicago, and he is visiting his new pediatrician for a kindergarten physical. His mother tells the nurse that she carries the sickle cell trait and wants Davon screened for it. Davon may have the sickle cell trait.
· Spencer has noted over the past several weeks that he is having more bruises, or ecchymosis, all over his body. After coughing this morning, he noticed tiny red marks all around his eyes. Spencer has thrombocytopenia.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper that provides details about the condition afflicting each child:.
· Explain the purpose of plasma, red blood cells, and platelets.
· Describe the cause of each disorder.
· Compare each patient’s symptoms with the symptoms used in diagnosis.
· Explain how each patient can prevent the disease in the future, if possible. If the disease cannot be prevented, explain why.
Include at least two sources other than the text.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.