An anxious patient is having rapid and shallow breathing…
An anxious patient is having rapid and shallow breathing. After a few moments, he complains of a tingling sensation.
- What could be the causes of this tingling sensation?
- What are the various patterns of respiration and their significance?
- Ethnicity and culture influence risk factors for heart disease. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What is the technique of percussion and palpation of the chest wall for tenderness, symmetry, bulges, fremitus, and thoracic expansion? Explain.
- Would you perform hyper-resonance on a patient with a history of tobacco use? Why or why not?
- What are the mechanics of breathing with reference to lung borders and the anatomical structure of the lungs and diaphragm?