What do you think you have in common with other Americans your age?
What do you think you have in common with other Americans your age? (24)
– How do you feel like a citizen of America?
• What do you think you have in common with other people your age around the world?
– How do you feel like a citizen of the world?
– What impact does technology have on feeling like an American citizen? How about on feeling like a global citizen?
• In your opinion, what are some things that America does better than any other country? What are some things America could improve on?
• What would be your American anthem? If you could replace the Star-Spangled Banner with any other song as our new national anthem that best represents your feelings about America, what song would you choose and why?
• How do you feel when America is competing in a national event like the Olympics or the World Cup?
• What comes to mind when you think of American traditions? What are your personal favorites and how come? Are there any you wouldn’t mind getting rid of? Which ones and why?
– Have you ever created your own tradition tied to being American and/or put a twist on an American tradition that already exists – either on your own or with your friends and/or family? If so, please tell us about it
DAY TWO ACTIVITY: A Stroll Through the Neighborhood
For this activity, I’d like you to pretend that you’re walking down a street next to a row of houses. But in this town, instead of each house being owned by a family, each house is owned by a particular country. Please take us on a tour of two houses:
• Another country where some of your ancestors are from
As you’re giving your tours, please tell us:
• What each house looks like – both on the outside and on the inside
• The types of people who live there – what they’re like, what they do for fun, and what they care about
• What one thing most makes this house different from all of the others?