Use the Internet to research best practices in supply chain management
Please answer each bullet with ONLY 4 sentences. Only respond using the number not the discussion. List at least one reference for answers
- Use the Internet to research best practices in supply chain management. Be prepared to discuss. Determine which best practices can be applied to the greatest number of small businesses. Explain your rationale.
- Analyze the principles of Total Quality Management (TQM) and Six Sigma in regard to quality control of a product or service, and make at least one recommendation for improvement. Explain your rationale.
- Describe a retail business from the US such as Walmart, K-Mart, Target with which you are familiar and determine the most suitable means of inventory control. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- For the same business in question #3, discuss what innovative steps you could take to deter employee theft and/or shoplifting.
- Analyze the three internal governance mechanisms (ownership concentration, boards of directors, and executive compensation) and recommend a possible fourth mechanism that would help align the interests of managerial agents with those of the firm’s owners. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Use the Internet to research basic approaches to corporate governance outside of the U.S. (excluding Germany, Japan, and China). Determine how U.S.-based corporations could incorporate elements of the corporate governance practices you researched to help top-level managers make better ethical decisions. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Corporate governance has become a hot issue in the U.S. over the past two decades. From your analysis of the case study, determine two possible corporate governance challenges that might be faced by Best Buy as a result of its rapid growth and why they could become corporate governance issues.
- Make recommendations for how Best Buy can overcome these challenges. Provide specific examples to support your response.