The Federal Shutdown
As we all know the US government recently went into a federal government shutdown. The shutdown began on October 1, the end of
the fiscal year for the national government. In a capsule the shutdown
resulted from Republicans and Democrats being unable to agree on a spending plan for the fiscal year, resulting in a federal coffer.
Given the recent shutdown, I would like you to address the following issues in your paper:
- What issues that led up to the shutdown (i.e., Obamacare, the national debt ceiling, )
- Identify the major players in the battle and the positions they supported, the role of the public in the battle
- The role of the Presidential and Congressional action or thereof during the shutdown
- How was the shutdown ended on October 16, 2013
- The consequences of the shutdown and what legislative action is required to avoid another shutdown in the near future
These are just broad issues that I would like to be covered in the paper and are not exclusive. I recommend you use your analytical skills and personal opinions in addressing these issues. In addition, if you feel that there are other issues that need to be addressed that were not include in the above listed categories, please feel free to address them in your paper.
This will be a formal research paper, therefore, you will be required to provide a biography of every source used and include endnotes. Please use your best discretion in citing a resource in your paper. As wonderful as Wikipedia is, I DO NOT want that website to be the major source of your information. I know that this is a recent issue, so most of your resources will be from the Internet, but please include your personal opinions within the paper.
The paper must be in the following format:
- 12 ft TIMES NEW ROMAN, black font
- 5 page minimum (not including the title and bibliography pages)
- 1-‐inch margins