SOCIOLOGY 498 – Doing Gender (Paper Topic, Research Question, and Outline)
Senior Seminar in Sociology
Paper Topic, Research Question and Outline (5 points):
Purpose: The purpose of this assignment is to get you to start thinking about your research paper in terms of what you want to research. It enables me to see where you are headed and (when necessary) make suggestions for how you can better craft your topic and/or research question for a good and successful sociological analysis.
This is a 2-part assignment that will be 1-2 pages in total length. It should be submitted as ONE document.
1) Identify a Research Interest and Paper Topic
Purpose: The purpose of this step is to get you to start thinking about your research paper in terms of general topics about which you would be interested in learning more. The topic needs to be relevant to the study of society and geared towards a sociological perspective.
1) Identify your Topic- Topic chosen (Sociology of Gender)
2) Describe why you are interested in this topic
3) Describe how your chosen topic is relevant to the study of society
4) Write your Research Question
1) Describe why you have settled on this research question
2) Identify what two specific variables/social facts/behavior your research question is addressing
3) what the variables in your research Q are
4) Describe at least 3 ways how the sociological perspective and methodologies may be used to examine this research question
APA – 2 References