Prevention of Cyber Attacks
Assignment 8 Signature Assignment: Research Proposal Activity Resources
- There are no assigned readings this week; review previously assigned readings as needed to prepare for this week’s assignment.
Main Task: Propose and Justify a Research Method and Design
Develop an envisioned methodology and design for your dissertation research topic based on the research problem, purpose, and previous research courses, and then write a research paper to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the envisioned method and design. In your paper, justify why the chosen method and design would be most appropriate for your research questions. In justifying your chosen method and design, discuss why alternative methods/designs would be less desirable for your study. Please corroborate your assertions with scholarly research.
Support your paper with a minimum of 7 resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 12-15 pages not including title and reference pages
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Submit your document in the Course Work area below the Activity screen.
Learning Outcomes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Assignment Outcomes Argue the criteria for selection of a research method.
- Evaluate the differences between facts and theory, as well as concepts and variables.
- Examine the use of a theoretical perspective in the design process.
- Evaluate the concepts of construct validity and measurement reliability.
- Justify quantitative research designs when appropriate.
- Justify qualitative research designs when appropriate
- Anticipate ethics requirements when conducting research with human subjects
- Compare and contrast the three types of research methodologies
- Distinguish among non-experimental, quasi-experimental, and experimental research designs.
- Assess the relative strengths and weaknesses of each research methodology.