Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Assignment 3: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
In Week 4, you will explore changes to Medicare included in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
Week 4: Medicare
The United States created Medicare, a publically funded health care program, to assist people 65 years of age and older in obtaining health care services.
- What legislation introduced Medicare, and what is the funding source for the program?
- What are some of the changes that have occurred to the Medicare program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the population covered by Medicare, and how many people in the United States are covered by Medicare?
- Describe the changes that will occur to Medicare with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- Research the ages of individuals in your state by reviewing information available on the www.census.gov website. How do you think the changes in Medicare will affect the citizens and legal residents in your state?
Present your analysis with supporting information as a 4-page report in a Word document formatted in APA style.