Organization’s summary – The American Sociological Association and the Society for Personality and Social Psychology
This week’s main forum includes 4 steps:
1) Research two of the organizations below: one MUST be the ASA.
No specific author or webmaster is listed for the ASA site, so an example full reference citation is:
Name of Association/or whomever owns the copyright. (year of publication/copyright). Name of specific page viewed on site/or site name if the entire site was used. Retrieved on [insert date] from: [insert full url].
American Sociological Association. (2009). American Sociological Association Website. Retrieved on December 23, 2009 from www.asanet.org.
2) For the two organizations, write a summary of its purpose/function/mission and benefits and resources it offers to members and the general public (if public resources are available).
3) NOTE: Use direct quotes from the websites sparingly, and use proper APA in-text citations and full references for ALL paraphrased and directly quoted material. (not citing your sources constitutes plagiarism and will void the assignment points and result in a course grade of “F” if more than one instance is detected).
1. American Sociological Association (ASA) http://www.asanet.org
2. International Sociological Association (ISA) http://www.isa-sociology.org
3. Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology http://www.aacsnet.org
4. Association for Humanist Sociology http://www.altrue.net/site/humanist/
5. Society for Personality and Social Psychology http://www.spsp.org/
6. European Sociological Association http://www.europeansociology.org/
7. Australian Sociological Association http://www.tasa.org.au/home/index.php
8. British Sociological Association http://www.britsoc.co.uk/
9. Association for the Sociology of Religion http://www.sociologyofreligion.com/
10. Sociology of Education Association http://www.lmri.ucsb.edu/resources/sea/
APA – 2 References