Neighborhood Public Policy
Access The Neighborhood Web site using the link on the student Web site.
Read the following character scenarios and articles in the “Neighborhood News” for Season 3:
Click Season 3 from the Season menu at the top of the course home page.
- Angie Young (Episodes 5, 6, and 7)
- Marcus Young (Episodes 5, 6, and 7)
- Angie Young (Episodes 9, 10, and 11)
- Do you think this scenario represents a public safety or public health issue?
- How does this scenario exemplify how legislative process influences public health?
- Do you think the Neighborhood council should have acted in a different manner on this issue?
- What might Angie Young and proponents of the speed bumps have done differently to receive a more favorable response from the neighborhood council?
- What options for political influence might a person pursue in an effort to change public policy health?
NUR 408 Assignment Neighbourhood Public Policy: Individual Assignment: “Neighborhood” Public Policy