MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS PAPER
Access articles about the history, business approaches, management, and marketing of Eastman Kodak and Fujifilm. Eastman Kodak has been a developer and pioneer of photographic films for over 130 years. Although it invented the digital camera, the company was unprepared for the rapid changes in new technologies and filed for bankruptcy protection in January 2012. Fujifilm, a Japanese competitor, on the other hand, has been successful in the U.S. and global markets.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Describe the history and core business of each company.
- Compare and contrast the approach to management that each company has pursued in order to embrace innovation.
- Determine what other management differences have impacted the relative success of Kodak and Fujifilm. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Evaluate each company’s approach to ethics and social responsibility and the impact those approaches have had on each company’s profitability.
- Discuss the extent to which management of both companies adapted to changing market conditions.
- Recommend three (3) ways any company should build in flexibility to back up its decision-making process in order to adapt to changing market conditions.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.